Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Simply Dream & Create: My Favorite Craft Tool



This has been such a fun series! Today, Stephanie from Simply Dream & Create is going to tell us more about a tool we've already heard about, but she has more information about a very useful tool that may get you to thinking about heading to the craft store. 

Stephanie hosts fun linky parties that tons of awesome crafters visit, so head over and get inspired!


Hey Trip Worth Taking readers! I'm Stephanie and I blog over at Simply Dream & Create. I was pretty excited when Amy asked me to be a guest blogger for her Craft Tool series. I think it is an awesome series idea that many will benefit from.

I'd have to say my hardest woking DIY/Craft tool is.... my hot glue gun, actually guns!



As I pondered which tool I used the most, I looked at all of my past blog posts. It was easy to see that the tool I used for most of my posts are my glue guns.

Let me explain why I have two glue guns. The blue one is my high temperature gun, useful with tough materials like wood, metal, fabric, magnets, and plastic. The orange one is my low temperature gun, useful with more delicate materials like balloons, ribbon, and lace. The glue sticks are even color coded, too. 



My glue guns are mini's, which is nice for storage reasons. After using them, I usually wrap the cords around the guns and tuck them neatly in a drawer. But I don't really have a good storage system for the sticks, besides the bags they are currently in. Those bags aren't the greatest as the sticks will occasionally fall out. Then I have to throw them away because I didn't know what type they are! I'm thinking of finding some type of small container to put them in and labeling them with the same colors.

I also don't have a good place to put the gun while I'm using it. Usually, I just stick it in a paper bowl or something similar and I typically end up with a small mess. I'd like to make something similar to what Shanty 2 Chic made:


Something like this would be perfect while my gun was hot and in use. It would be so nice to not have to deal with the little glue drips too! Hopefully, I'll be able to make something similar soon : ) .

Here are some of my favorite crafts I've made with my glue guns:

   

If you don't have a glue gun, I definitely recommend getting one, or two! You'd be surprised at how much you'll use it.

Thank you Amy for letting me share my most used tool!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I love my glue gun, too. It is a Must Have tool. I store my little glue sticks in a mini basket on my desk so they are handy. Thanks for sharing the difference between the high and low temps ~ I never got that.
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Tile Photo Coasters ~ Gift Idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know the difference, either, Megin, until I read Stephanie's guest post!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I’m your newest follower from Thumping Thursdays. I'm following you via twitter @amomblogdesign. Please stop by and say hi when you have a chance. I'm also hosting a blog hop later this afternoon if you would like to join us :) Hope you're having an awesome week.

    April from:
    A Mommy's Blog Design http://amblogdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminded me that I need to get a glue gun. I never did understand the differences between using a high or low temp either, so, thanks for explaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone should have a glue gun. You never know when a crafty moment may strike.

      Delete

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...