Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Friday, April 26, 2013

Just Us Four: My Favorite Crafting Tool


Today is the final installment of this blog series and Shannah from Just Us Four is sharing a great idea with us. It is certainly something that I will start using.  Funny thing is, I just saw these at Michael's and stopped to look at them, but, didn't get one.  I guess I'll be going back!

Shannah has some awesome tutorials that she shares and recently scored an amazing Chippendale chair off of Craigslist and her revamp is seriously drool worthy.


Hi! I'm Shannah from Just Us Four! I am thrilled to be a part of Amy's series on DIY/Crafting Tools. Mine is definitely a little unconventional. Sure...I use a glue gun, paint brush and mod podge a TON! But, the thing that works the hardest for me is    
           Elmers Foam Board
Yep...foam core display boards!  I use them for practically any and every crafting project I am working on!  It makes a great protective surface for the top of a table when you are painting, gluing  etc.  It makes crafting possible just about anywhere.  I painted the eggs in this photo and then set them down right on the foam board.


A bonus...a you can totally use them as a photo backdrop too.   Most of the time, I'll make my craft right there on the board and then turn it around and use it as a photo backdrop.  If you look closely, you can even see some paint smudges in the background here.


I also clip random paper or fabric to the top with chip clips or binder clips to change the background for my photos like this one.


In a pinch, you can use them for a straight edge for cutting.
Of course, I have also used them in actual blog/craft projects too!  I did a project with my kids to illustrate how much money we would save by switching light bulbs and the display board was our starting point.


It may seem like an unlikely crafting tool but I use all different sizes of the foam core display boards to craft on, craft with and improve my blog photos.
Thanks again Amy for asking me to participate!  I hope you will come check out more of my projects over at Just Us Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...