Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Monday, April 22, 2013

A Jennuine Life: My Favorite Crafting Tool, a Blog Series


I am so excited to be hosting this awesome series with a great group of Craft and DIY bloggers. All of the ladies that you will meet this week are amazing crafters and have some great tools to share with us. Each lovely lady will be telling you about their favorite and hardest working craft tool.  I hope you learn about a tool or two that you haven't used or never thought to use! 

Now, presenting my new friend, Jenn from A Jennuine Life




Hey there, Trip Worth Taking readers!  I'm Jenn and I blog about life, family, and crafts (and that means a lot of sewing among other things!) at A Jennuine Life.  I "met" Amy during the most recent round of Package Pals and it has been so much fun getting to know her.







When Amy invited me to participate in this series, she thought for sure my hardest working DIY/Crafting tool would be my sewing machines.  It is true that Jane (my sewing/embroidery machine) and Nina (my serger) do get used for at least a few minutes almost every day and nearly non-stop on others.  But I have a different tool that gets used even more often because it's also utilized when I work in other mediums like crafting or DIY...





My Moleskine notebook.  This little baby is perfectly sized to keep with me while I'm working or to toss into a bag for trips to the fabric store.  This one even went with me on a volunteer vacation to Robbens Island in South Africa to work with penguins and has band numbers and bird counts on a few pages.





Now I use it to jot down ideas, or to keep track of dimensions for projects for which I'm planning to write a tutorial.  It's so much easier to write things down as I go than to go back and measure the finished project after the fact.



So that's my hardest working DIY/Crafting tool!  I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of Amy's contributors share - I'm always on the lookout for something new to try.



Photobucket




2 comments:

  1. I always carry a small notebook in my purse for blogging ideas! Your volunteer vacation sounds so neat...I need to go read about it!

    Thank you, Amy, for featuring Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought a digital pen that records what you write (using special paper) so that I can jot down notes when I'm out and about without losing them all the time! I'm hoping, with handwriting recognition, it should revolutionise my note-taking :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...