Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Thursday, May 23, 2013

20 Minute Crafting with Washi

Amy from Trip Worth Taking
Hi! I'm Amy!
This is the post that ran on Wednesday at Simply Dream & Create. Enjoy!

Hi, Simple Dream & Create Readers! I am Amy and I'm really excited to be guest posting here for Stephanie.  I "met" her when I shamelessly emailed her and asked for blogging tips a couple of months ago. Then she was gracious enough to participate in a blog series that ran over at my blog, Trip Worth Taking.  She shared her favorite crafting tool and cleared up a little confusion for me in the process! 

I love to craft and sometimes you just need a quick crafting fix, you know? At least, I do.  
Maybe I'm the only one with the problem.  If you're not in the same boat then just talk amongst yourselves for a minute while I share with all the craft addicts.


My kids think I'm crazy sometimes because a thought will jump into my head and I have to act on it.  Sometimes those little crafting explosions work out and sometimes they don't, but I give it a try anyway. 

I have recently fallen in love with Washi Tape. Yes, I know, I'm late to the party. (Hey, but I DID show up!) And, want to put it on everything. I have been able to restrain myself mostly, but I did decide that Washi would be the perfect answer for a little problem.

worn out phone cable
Poor worn out phone cable

worn out phone cable
Poor worn out phone cable

Isn't it sad.  I know it happens to us all.  
We use and abuse our phone cable and expect them to last forever.

I was going to just put some tape around the top and then I had a brain surge. Washi!

Before I could Washi my little heart happy, I had to get the outer rubber casing pulled down to the ends evenly.  To do that I simply held on to one end and ran my fingers down the cord.  It easily pulled back into place.

Then I set to work. No real technique involved here.  I started at one end with the cord running down the length of the strip of tape:

Washi Taped Phone Cable
Washi Taped Phone cord

I just closed the tape around the cable. Easy Peasy.  
At the ends where the cord meets the USB and phone connections, I wrapped around the cord.

Washi Taped Phone Cable
Washi wrapped phone cable
I did this all the way up to the connector.

Now my cord should last a while longer....and, it's pretty.

Washi Taped Phone Cable
Washi Taped Phone Cable
Here's an itsy bitsy hint:
If you find that your tape is coming loose, use a little clear nail polish to stick it down. Booyah!

I bet you're going to Washi something right now, aren't ya?




3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I really enjoy it. I am nominating your for a Liebster Award! Check it out at
    www.ontipsychick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, my laptop charger looks like that. Thanks so much for the tip, and cute one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you visited! You can follow me on Twitter, FB, and Pinterest, too!

      Delete

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...