Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm Back With 31 Days of Family

Hello, all!  

I am among the land of the living again. Thank goodness!

I sincerely hope that you don't suffer through the flu this season. It's really no fun, especially when it's followed up by Strep and then the mother of all migraines.  

Geez. Not a fun week. 

I quarantined myself to the bedroom and just waved to the kids from the bed. For a week!

Ah. Enough of that. 


I am going to carry on with my 31 Days of Family, even though I am woefully behind.

My mom is talking about the family today.  
And, leave it to her to come from the most unique angle of all.  

My sisters and I have always joked that the in-laws are her favorites. Who could blame her if they are, they are the best husbands and wives for her sons and daughters.

Here are a few of her feelings about them.

******************************************************
When we are asked to talk about our family, the first that comes to mind is your children and grandchildren; and I do have a lot to say about mine; but with this writing I want to tell about the amazing men and women that  my children have married.

My daughter-in-law,Polly, has been part our family for so long (she was just a baby when she married my son, Mike).  She is the perfect wife for him, a wonderful homemaker and exceptional mom to Miranda and Michelle.  She has always treated me with the utmost kindness and respect.  I love her like my own.

Then there's Garry who takes care of my yard and worries whether I am eating right or not; he is kind and funny.  I appreciate him more and more as time goes by. He and Lori have raised beautiful children.

After some troubled times I know Ricky has found the love of his life, Connie. I don't  know her very well yet, that will come with time. I can say though, I know her to be very smart and funny. I like her a lot.

David, we have known him and his family since he was about five.  He was raised in a Christian family just as Lisa was.  I know him to be a dedicated Christian, husband and dad who earnestly wants to be the very best he can be.  He looks after my house and car and does the "honey do" things I am not capable of.

Rex is a Godly man who adores Amy, spoils her and is and amazing Dad to their three boys.  He is always ready and willing to help me do chores that need to be done when they come for weekends. I know in my heart he genuinely loves our family and we love having him as part of us.

This may sound unusual but I cannot write about my in-law children without telling you about Roy.  Reason being, even though he is not married to us any longer he has been in our family since he was just a boy and I love him like my own. I know if I need him he is there.

These are my in-law children and I know how blessed I am to have them.

******************************************************************

My mom is the matriarch of our family, we all love gathering at her house and just spending time with one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...