Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days: Family Meals



Family meals are a really big deal for our family. We have dinner together at the table at least 4 nights a week.  It is such an important time for us because we can connect with all three of our children and they can connect with one another.  I try to keep meals interesting and satisfying.  I do get into ruts where I can't think of what to make and we end up with the same thing over and over, and I hate it! So does the family.  

We have a ritual where we ask them each to tell us something good that happened during the day. And, it can't be what they had for lunch! We find out about their day and learn about their relationships with friends and teachers. It's so important for kids to know that their parents want to know what's happening in their lives. 

When I find a good recipe or a product to help me prepare a meal I get really excited.  

That's where Kraft Recipe Makers come in.




You find a huge selection of Kraft Recipe Makers on the pasta aisle in your local grocery store.  The price is really great considering that you get everything that you need for meal prep except for 1-2 ingredients.  There are recipes to create in the skillet, oven, or slow cooker, so they've got ya covered not matter what.

I chose the Verde Chicken Enchilada package.  I have prepared it before and it was a huge hit with the whole family.  We are a Mexican food loving family so I was initially quite skeptical that any product from a box could live up to our standards. I was oh so wrong!


I saw the Velveeta Toppers next to the Recipe Makers, and I thought it seemed like a good combination.  I top the enchiladas with grated cheese and I thought that the addition of the smooth melty cheese would be perfect.



This is everything that I used to create the whole meal! Oops, except I added avocados to the enchiladas. I didn't go by the recipe on the box , exactly, I tried to create something a little different.  And, it was yummy!

One onion
12 corn tortillas
one avocado
1 lb. chicken breast
Kraft Recipe Makers Verde Chicken Enchilada Mix
Velveeta Toppers Queso Blanco

I boiled my chicken and then chopped it up with half an onion and an avocado. Then, I sauteed it all in a little butter.



After I sauteed the mixture, I added in the Filling Sauce that's included in the package.


It already looked and smelled delicious!

Then, I filled the warmed corn tortillas. 


I filled them, rolled the tortillas, then placed them rolled side down in the dish.



I ended up with a little of the filling left over and I certainly didn't want to waste it. So, I tucked it into a corner....


Sweet.

I topped them with the grated cheese and popped them into the oven.


During the last 5 minutes of baking, I topped them off with the Velveeta Toppers Queso Blanco. I'm a sucker for the white cheese!


Here's the yumminess hot out of the oven!


I completed the meal with the Spanish Rice and black beans and a jar of Peach Iced Tea.


It was a big hit!

The Littlest had not been feeling well, but he even gave it two thumbs up.


And, this guy had two helpings!


This is seriously good and I really can't wait to try another variety.

The onion really filled out the enchiladas and the avocado added some creaminess. And, avocados are so good for you and I try to sneak in extra veggies any time that I can.

Follow Kraft Foods on Facebook for more great recipes to try out.

Have you tried Kraft Recipe Makers yet? Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...