Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 Days: Our Family Rules and a Free Printable

First of all, don't miss out on THE Pin It Party going on right now! 
Get your project linked up!


For a while, Family Rules art was really popular.  I'm sure it still is, you just don't see as much of it floating around blogs and Pinterest as you did.

Before I started this blog I saw the family rules art of Shaunna over at Perfectly Imperfect and fell in love.

via Perfectly Imperfect

Her version was pretty time intensive since she cut each strip of paper and layered all of them.

But, I knew I could come up with something that wouldn't take as much time and be pretty inexpensive, as well.

Trip Worth Taking: Family Rules
Family Rules 

These rules are super important to our family. 

No, we don't recite them every day, or really even look at them.

But, they do say a lot about who we are and what we believe in.

We owe our thanks to God for everything that we are and everything that we have. That includes each other. 

We strive to teach our children responsibility, respect, and wisdom to make appropriate choices.

I truly want my boys to speak kindly to their friends and each other, and encourage one another when things are hard.  (Um, sometimes that one is easier said than done!)

Our children know that listening to what we tell them and doing as we ask it extremely important for our lives to run smoothly and for their safety.

Friendship is one of the most valuable gifts that God gives to us. Friends extend our family, and bring such joy to our lives. 

I always tell my children that if they are doing their best, then I am a happy mama.  I don't ever expect perfection. After all, I'm not perfect, either, and I never hesitate to give myself an "Oops" when I need one. 

Creativity (and fun) is a big deal in our family. (Obviously!)
Creativity sparks new and interesting ideas, and keeps us learning all the time. 

We should all be ready to forgive one another.  We have been forgiven by Jesus Christ and offered the gift of salvation without doing anything to deserve it, so we should be willing to offer grace, and ask for it, when necessary. 

We say our prayers at every meal and every night.  Our boys all take turns saying grace at meals, and it warms my heart to hear them talking to God.

God is the center of our home and everything that we do.  Without Him, we would be lost.  

These rules reflect our values and our beliefs.

God
Family
Friends

I love it.  

My version fits us perfectly.

I created it on the computer and ordered a large print for framing. 

Trip Worth Taking: Family Rules

Trip Worth Taking: Family Rules


If you would like to have your own copy, I'm making it available for download for free.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...