Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Best Birthday Gift!

My birthday was earlier this month and I received an awesome birthday present from my sister.
It was really great.  She put a lot of thought into it, and it took time to gather all of it.  

Here goes.....I'm going to reveal my age.
I was born in 1971. 
I know, you wouldn't have thought I was that young would you.

Mwahahaha!!

All of the items that were included in my gift were from 1971.

First up, a Starbucks gift card. 
Starbucks was founded in 1971.
Love me some coffee!

Starbucks began as a coffee roaster in Seattle in 1971

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory, with Gene Wilder,  came out in 1971.

Willie Wonka debuted in 1971

Better Homes and Gardens put out their first cookbook in 1971. This one is a reprint of the original.

I remember my mom's copy of this from when I was a kid.

I'm pretty sure I've had this hair style!
Oh, and this magazine is really thin, not like today's Southern Living.

Southern Living 1971

This magazine is from 3 days after I was born, August 6.

August 6, 1971 Time Magazine

This Woman's Day magazine had all the tips. And, check out the price. 

Woman's Day Magazine 1971

Here's a close up of the price! Ah, the good old days....



 My sister noted that there are a lot of styles in this Architectural Digest that are back in style.
Architectural Magazine 1971

 She, also, included a vintage calendar towel (like these) from 1971 that I plan to frame. 

I thought this was such a great gift! I loved it and have gone through the magazines several times. It has been such fun! 

Have you ever done this for someone? What did, or would, you include?


1 comment:

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...