Have your kids started school? Mine started today and we had a great morning!
I made homemade blueberry muffins last night and they started their day with a good breakfast, and it all went as smoothly as it possibly could.
My 2nd grader is growing up, and I realized it when he didn't want to hold my hand when we walked in to the school. **sad face**
He didn't want to hurt Mom's feelings, so he was going to do it, but then I told him it would be okay if he didn't want his friends to see him. He was slightly relieved!
My 9th grader started last week and has already had a ton of homework! And, has a test this week and a project already assigned. He definitely hit the ground running!
I know that the 7th grader will have a great first day, as well. Nothing really ruffles his feathers too much.
About a week ago, I got the itch to add some artwork to the breakfast area, but didn't want to spend any money. I went out to the garage and found two boards that I had purchased at Lowe's for another project that never happened. (!) I racked my brain for about a minute and got busy.
Here's what I came up with:
|DIY Utensil Artwork|
It was so easy!
1. I started by painting the boards white with a paint and primer combo I had on hand.
3. I resized the images on the computer to the size that I wanted then I traced over the image with a pencil.
4. Once I had the images traced, I laid them out on my board and rubbed the pencil lines onto the board.
5. When that was done, I used a black permanent marker to trace out and fill in the rubbed on image.
6. Lastly, I slapped some paint over the image in yellow and aqua; sanded off some paint, and voila!
So simple and quick, and it really adds a lot to the look of the breakfast area.
I am still going to create one more thing to go over the window to really finish off the look.
I have always struggled with decorating around these windows because of the angles on each side of the middle one, but this looks great.
Do you get spur of the moment creative sparks? Do you love to create on the fly? What have you created out of nothing?
The Owl's Skull