Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Monday, August 26, 2013

DIY: Utensil Artwork

Have your kids started school? Mine started today and we had a great morning!
I made homemade blueberry muffins last night and they started their day with a good breakfast, and it all went as smoothly as it possibly could.  

My 2nd grader is growing up, and I realized it when he didn't want to hold my hand when we walked in to the school.  **sad face**

He didn't want to hurt Mom's feelings, so he was going to do it, but then I told him it would be okay if he didn't want his friends to see him. He was slightly relieved!

My 9th grader started last week and has already had a ton of homework! And, has a test this week and a project already assigned.  He definitely hit the ground running!

I know that the 7th grader will have a great first day, as well.  Nothing really ruffles his feathers too much.

 About a week ago, I got the itch to add some artwork to the breakfast area, but didn't want to spend any money. I went out to the garage and found two boards that I had purchased at Lowe's for another project that never happened. (!) I racked my brain for about a minute and got busy.

Here's what I came up with:

TripWorthTaking Blog utensil artwork
DIY Utensil Artwork

It was so easy!

1. I started by painting the boards white with a paint and primer combo I had on hand. 
2. Then, I found two sets of utensils on The Graphics Fairy: {HERE and HERE}
3. I resized the images on the computer to the size that I wanted then I traced over the image with a pencil.  
4. Once I had the images traced, I laid them out on my board and rubbed the pencil lines onto the board.
5. When that was done, I used a black permanent marker to trace out and fill in the rubbed on image. 
6. Lastly, I slapped some paint over the image in yellow and aqua; sanded off some paint, and voila!

So simple and quick, and it really adds a lot to the look of the breakfast area.  

I am still going to create one more thing to go over the window to really finish off the look.

I have always struggled with decorating around these windows because of the angles on each side of the middle one, but this looks great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...