Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year-New Focus


I can't believe it's already 2014.  Where did the holidays go?

You may have noticed that there haven't been any posts in a couple of weeks. Did you? Well, I took a technology break for the weeks of Christmas and New Year's. I did read some books on my Kindle, but I don't really count that.  I was just reading, after all. I think I plowed through 3 books. It was awesomesauce.

We took in a couple of movies with the little guy, too.  Walking with Dinosaurs and The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, both of them were so good.  I highly recommend them.

And, of course, there were all of the holiday festivities. Visiting family and opening huge mounds of gifts.

Everyone was happy with their swag that they got. I especially love watching the boys faces as they open their gifts.

I really raked in the goodies, as well.  I got some things for the house, and I'll show those things off later on. But, the absolute best gift I received was a brand new dining room table built just for me by my amazing husband.

Pine Dining Table with Weathered Grey Stain
Pine Dining Table with Weathered Gray Stain

I can't even tell you how much I love it.  Well, maybe I can.  I love it. A lot. Right now there are the same 6 chairs around the table, but this weekend there will be 8.  I have two more of the same chairs that have been waiting patiently in the garage until they were called up.  I felt so sorry for them. Just hanging out in the cold garage. Poor things.

Here is the dining room before:
{Note that these pics are unedited}





These were right after we completed the kitchen renovation.  In the top pic, we didn't even have 6 chairs finished, yet. Notice in the bottom two photos that the table legs are right in front of the chair? Yea. That made for a comfy seat for a meal. NOT.  

I did move the green bench that was in front of the window in the dining room.  We needed just a tad more room for comfort. 

I will be updating the photos on the Our Home page, soon, so stay tuned. 

Also, during the month of December and the Christmas break, I started making some "lifestyle" changes for my health.  I am not an unhealthy person, but some changes did need to be made.  I have suffered with migraines all of my life, and I have an autoimmune liver condition. I have been on a lot of medication for many years, and I felt the need to change that.  Is it scary? Absolutely! 

I was able to transition off of one of my medications and I am replacing it with supplements, diet changes, better habits.  I have added Advocare products to my daily regimen, to keep me hydrated, increase intake of certain vitamins and minerals, and promote all around well being.  

I hope you'll wish me luck for success! I'll be sharing about my my migraine regimen very soon.  I know that there are many people who suffer and feel so misunderstood.  

Tomorrow is the newest installment of the Tips And Tricks Linky Party and we are hoping that you will stop by and share your favorite posts from 2013!








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...