Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Monday, September 16, 2013

Loving Autumn

Autumn, Fall, whatev...



I love it.  And, we don't get much of it around here.  Step inside the house at the wrong moment and you'll miss it.  However, if you're like me, you don't want to be outside in the heat with the mosquitoes, so your pretty much screwed.  

The hubs love Fall, too. He really loves putting out fall decor.  I don't do a lot of decorating for seasons, but we do some type of vignette on the front porch for Fall and Christmas.  

No, I don't really change up much for Halloween and Thanksgiving.  We have the necessary carved pumpkins for Halloween, and then they get tossed when I can't stand the smell anymore. 

I am getting ready to fix up the door and front porch for the changing season.  I know some people have had theirs out for a few weeks now, but I just couldn't do it.  Not when it's still 100+ degrees out. Nope. Not gonna do it. 

I need cooler temps to woo me. 

And, they are coming!

It will be in the upper 80's this weekend.

Don't tell me it's only a forecast and that can change. 

It won't change.  

It won't.

So there.

I went shopping this weekend and gathered a few items for my  mini makeover.

I used to have tons of "stuff" on my front porch, but I now go with a little more simple look.

Here is what it looks like now:






Anyway....

Nice and simple. Minimalistic, if you will. (Use snooty voice here.)

You see, my porch is very narrow. More alleylike in appearance, really. 
Just a straight shot up to the front door. 
So, I have struggled with how to stage it.  Until, I decided to go simple.  

It took a load off my mind! I don't have to worry that things are getting knocked around every time someone approaches the front door! Or, that the decor is attacking anyone! Yea!

Now it is off with the old and in with the new! 
Here are a few of the things that I purchased:



Can you guess what I'm making? One of the things I'm making, I have wanted to do for a while, I just never got to it.  Stay tuned to see more!

Now here are a few pumpkin picking pic for your enjoyment:






Okay, old pics! I didn't get to go pumpkin picking with the family last year, and the hubs certainly didn't take any shots.  But, still don't they make you long for cooler weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...