Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Easy RePurpose with Shelf Brackets

I have been looking at this wall for a long time:

Window Frame wall decor

You see this through the doorway of the kitchen to the hallway.

A little bleh, huh?

I have looked and looked at it and had no idea what to do about it.  

I knew it needed something, but I couldn't find the right addition to it.

(Yes, I know that the verse is from Christmas, but the chalk pen I used won't budge. Even with a wet towel. Advice anyone?)

I painted the window a nice shade of green and then sanded much of it thinking it would liven up the whole thing, but alas, no.

And, one day I was walking through my kitchen and I spied these in the floor of the breakfast nook:

distressed red shelf brackets


I have had them for several years and just never knew what to do with them. I have had ideas from time to time, but never followed through. 

So, I stuck them up on top of the window:

Re-purposed Shelf Brackets

So much better!

I can't believe I never thought of it before!
Sometimes a solution can be staring you in the face and it just takes some time for it to come together.  

All I had to do was put them up there. 

No paint involved, no nails, no nothing.

Easiest decor solution, ever. 

Have you ever had  a solution pop up that was so easy it was a little embarrassing? This solution was just that. Embarrassingly simple!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...