Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Command Center and Dropzone: Organizing for the Organizationally Challenged

I can't believe I haven't shown you our command center!
It's used every. single. day.
Well, at least during the school year.  We kinda wing it during the summer. It's all good.

Really it's more of a mini command center, and it's mostly for me to keep track of all that's going on.



I used two ornate frames that I snagged from various other projects and painted them both.  I added a fabric scrap behind the glass of the large frame to create a huge dry erase board. Sometimes, it has a peek at the week coming up, and other times it has reminders of chores that need to be done (and by whom).

I was constantly leaving my keys in all sorts of weird places, so the key hooks were a must and I am proud to say that I haven't misplaced my keys since!

The cork board houses papers that have a to-do associated with them (other than bills). For instance, I put my notice to renew my driver's license up there so I would know where it was. Then, once I took it down, I promptly misplaced it.****Really?*****



I put the "Laundry" sign on the door to let everyone know that is a place that they do not wish to go. So far, so good.



This is at the back of the hallway, directly across from the bathroom that all the boys use, and right outside my bedroom door, so we all see it often. And, you go out the laundry room to get to the garage, so it is really in the perfect place.  The hall is narrow, so I couldn't incorporate a shelf, or a drop zone, but I solved that by creating one in the hall closet.


Mini DropZone

We use this space a lot for backpacks, computer bags, and of course my purse. I keep The Little's karate uniform in here, as well, that way I know where all the pieces are when we are making a mad dash to practice. The bench is a great place for him to sit and put on his shoes, but most of the time he would rather just on the floor.

I have a collection of Command Centers on Pinterest that is growing and growing. Check out the link below:




Tip Junkie has a great post on 10 Family Command Centers

Mine is definitely a "mini", but it works great for me.  I am working on The Littlest's homework zone next.  He definitely needs an organized space to help keep him focused and on task when it comes to getting his homework done. 

Do you have any great tips for organizing your family and keeping track of all the "stuff" of a family?



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...