Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Sunday, June 23, 2013

ISTE 2013=Mind Blown


I have been to conferences. Lots of conferences.
THIS conference is unlike any I have ever attended.

Seriously. My mind is whirling out of control.

Take a look at these Tier 1 sponsors:

Microsoft
Samsung
Pearson
Smart

Big stuff, people. Really big stuff.

Today's keynote was brought by Jane McGonigal who, in 2010 was one of Oprah Winfrey's Most Inspiring Women in the World, and in 2010 Game Developer Magazine called her One of the 50 Most Important Game Developers. So, what I'm saying is that she's stinking awesome. 

ISTE is the International Society for Technology in Education and do so much for educators by assisting them in integrating technology into their classrooms and teaching.  They do way more than that, but that's a good starting place. 

I'm quite the tech geek.  If it has a keyboard and/or a screen, I want to touch it.  

If it involves a cloud, I want to sync.

If it involves a hack, I want to learn it.  

So, I am in heaven right about now.  




When I am not DIYing or crafting my little heart out, I have a day job. My day job involves assisting Pre-K teachers with behavior issues in their classrooms. Coming up with strategies and individualizations for children.

Another hat that I wear in my day job is training staff and teachers on the use of technology and how to get the most out of the devices that they use every day. 

But, this conference is beyond anything that I anticipated.

If you follow me on Twitter (@amyleigh1204), you may want to check out #iste2013 to learn more from many conference attendees.  

#ISTE2013 was the top trending topic on Twitter on Sunday. Yeah, it's pretty popular. With 20,000 attendees from all 50 states and 70 countries, it's the place to be for any tech geeks.

Alas, do not worry your pretty heads.  I will be posting more DIY and crafty goodness next week....and, probably more tech-ness. (That may become a regular thing around here, we will see.)

Hugs and squeezes from San Antonio, ya'll!




1 comment:

  1. I'm not a tech geek, but I can appreciate a good conference, especially when travel is involved. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...