Header

 photo newheader_zps66c52807.png
Image Map

Monday, July 15, 2013

Catching Up

Hi, everyone! 
It seems as if I have been away from the blog for weeks, but it really has only been a little over one week.  A lot has happened, though.

We went to visit my mother for the 4th of July and had a great time.  We just relaxed and did nothing. It was awesome.  

Then, we stopped to visit my in-laws on our way home and found that my father-in-law was no longer responsive.  (If you have read THIS POST, you will know that he has been fighting a battle with lung cancer.) I haven't talked a lot about it, but, it progressed quickly. And, in March treatment was discontinued.

My sweet father-in-law lost his battle with cancer exactly one year and one day after learning his diagnosis on July 6th. We held his funeral on July 9th, and my husband and his brother spoke in lieu of the pastor.  It was a beautiful tribute to their father. 

Everyone is doing pretty well, even our boys. It was expected and we were all well prepared.

We will truly miss him.

On July 11th we took our boys and got outta Dodge for a couple of days.  

Just a quick trip to Dallas but, it was a lot of fun. 

We went to eat at The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. O.M.G. Delish, and fun!


These guys are too cool for a photo.

The next day we visited Allen Premium Outlets, Cabela's, and Home Goods. It was my first trip to Home Goods! Eeek! Love!

I got these placemats.

Home Goods placemats
Suzani placemats
They are the absolute perfect colors for the dining room.

After a little shopping we went to Top Golf and the boys blasted a few golf balls. 

It was a good break and much needed. 

I'm glad I had a chance to pop in and catch up! 

In case you've missed anything you might want to see my made over clock HERE, and some fun fonts that you can snag for free HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your family loss. I am sure that your father n law will be missed greatly. It souns like you are doing some really positive things to make sure that your boys are okay.

    I just arrived in Dallas to care for my mother who is getting her reconstructive surgery next week. I will have to get out to the Allen outlets. I have been in the United Kingdom for the last three years so all the choices is going to be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Texas, Cynthia! The outlet is great and there are so many other great places to shop in and around Allen.

    ReplyDelete

If you're not a robot, I would love to chat.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...